BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the Internet on global business models, and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship products are the Global Internet Leaders funds, through which we invest in the leading internet companies of tomorrow that will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy. Our funds are taking the top 3 places out of 10.000 equity funds worldwide in the Lipper 1 year performance ranking.
We are looking for a (Senior) Technical Investment Analyst, Crypto (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin.
From Day 1, you will combine a deep understanding of core cryptonetworks and technical capabilities to build out BIT Capital’s resources, including core software infrastructure and proprietary tools, alternative datasets and quantitative strategies, to help us deliver best-in-class investment returns.
You will assume ownership for the coverage of the bitcoin, blockchain and wider crypto industry worldwide from a systems and data perspective, and your work will directly influence portfolio management decisions at the funds. Additionally, you will help us understand early stage opportunities and trends in crypto through sector-specific data.
You should be immensely passionate about crypto, comfortable with entrepreneurial work environments and looking to rapidly accelerate your career in investing and crypto.
- You remain up-to-date with the latest developments in the crypto ecosystem, cultivating relationships with key people, tracking the main publications, attending relevant conferences, etc.
- You are responsible for idea generation, news coverage and data monitoring, proactively identifying opportunities for alpha generation
- You assist with bottom-up fundamental research in technology companies operating in the bitcoin & crypto ecosystem worldwide
- You perform financial modeling and valuation, using all available data sources to better understand and forecast company and cryptonetwork KPIs
- You identify and evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- You use your technical capabilities and investor mindset to support initiatives to further improve research and portfolio management capabilities at BIT Capital, by e.g.: seeking, evaluating and integrating innovative services and datasets including onchain data and supporting the development of proprietary tools and infrastructure
- You help us build quantitative strategies to gain an edge in crypto markets
- You leverage your understanding of crypto market structure to optimize trade execution
- Occasionally, you may support the preparation of performance reports and participate in calls with existing and prospective fund investors
- Strong academic track record in any field - an advanced degree would be a plus but is not mandatory
- Prior experience in (quantitative) investment research. Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Industry knowledge and extensive network in the crypto ecosystem
- You know your way around Crypto Twitter and are able to navigate contracts on Etherscan
- Some software engineering skills for building out crypto trading infrastructure
- Advanced data engineering skills for data extraction and analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English; German preferable but not required; additional languages are an asset)
- You are passionate about investing, crypto and business strategy
- You are a team player, seeking to thrive in a collaborative, high-performance, transparent culture
- You keep an open adaptive mind and are keen to adjust hypotheses in a continuously changing market environment
- You are self-driven and entrepreneurial, ready to go the extra mile to deliver the best results for our investors
- You can relate to the BIT Capital Vision
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV, a motivation letter, and a write-up with an actionable investment idea. We look forward to meeting you!