BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the internet on global business models, and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship products are the Global Internet Leaders funds, through which we invest in the leading internet companies of tomorrow that will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy. Our funds are taking the top 3 places out of 10.000 equity funds worldwide in the Lipper 1 year performance ranking
We are looking for a passionate Senior FinTech Analyst (m/f/d)/ Portfolio Manager to join our team in Berlin.
From Day 1, you will be leveraging BIT Capital’s resources, including expert networks, alternative datasets and proprietary research tools, to help us deliver best-in-class returns to our fund investors.
You will assume ownership for the coverage of the fintech industry and your research will directly influence portfolio management decisions at the funds.
- You conduct bottom-up fundamental research in fintech companies worldwide.
- You are responsible for idea generation, news coverage and data monitoring in the fintech sector, proactively identifying opportunities for alpha generation and directly influencing portfolio management decisions at the funds.
- You perform financial modeling and valuation, using all available data sources to better understand and forecast company KPIs.
- You cultivate relationships with key sector experts and management teams in the fintech space, and participate in major conferences and events.
- You make BIT Capital’s alternative data & quantitative capabilities an integral part of your research process.
- Upon demonstrated performance, the management of a fintech portfolio may be added to your responsibilities.
- Strong academic track record in any field -- an advanced degree or the CFA would be a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience researching equities in the fintech, lending or banking sectors.
- Deep understanding of the lending business, and familiarity with the banking, payments and insurance spaces are required.
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English; German preferable but not required; additional languages are an asset)
- You are passionate about stocks and business strategy.
- You are a team player, seeking to thrive in a collaborative, high-performance, transparent culture.
- You are self-driven and entrepreneurial, ready to go the extra mile to deliver the best results for our investors.
- You can relate to the BIT Capital Vision
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development.