We are a small team believing that information and knowledge are the base for good business decisions. Our customers are investors looking for hard facts about European businesses and sparkdata delivers these based on millions of payment transactions daily. Using our unique and fully anonymized dataset we give deep insights into market trends, industry winners, customer cohorts and clusters.
The company’s business model is unique in Europe and for that experiences fast growth. It has already raised major customer interest and material commitments by leading industry players. A significant funding, backed by renowned industry investors & experts has been secured as well.
As we keep growing, we are looking for a highly motivated Scala Software Development Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin (or remotely in the EU).
You will be joining our team to build Europe’s leading alternative data platform for institutional investors.
- Build and maintain a secure and reliable infrastructure of our Data Platform and Analytic Web UI with our own server side rendering engine in Scala 3.
- Ensure the reliability of the systems by setting up sufficient monitoring and alerting systems and tools.
- Help to troubleshoot networking, hardware, and general performance issues Participate in design, planning and the development of new web applications and services using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks in a service-oriented platform.
- Continuous improvement of sparkdata’s technical solutions in adherence to industry best practices and business needs.
- Being a mentor and coach for other engineering team members.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Developer, ideally in a Start-up environment.
- You are passionate about Software Engineering.
- You have great skills in Scala with Akka, and you follow current best practices .
- You know how to work with Docker and what Kubernetes is.
- Experience of working with Cloud Platforms like AWS, Google, DigitalOcean.
- You are pragmatic, enjoy taking responsibility and you always set high-quality standards for yourself.
- You are a confident Linux user .
- Excellent communication skills (business fluent in English).
- Team player, seeking to work with distinctive entrepreneurial individuals.
- You are detail-oriented and decide based on data & insights.
- You execute with ownership, determination and free of politics and you have a hands-on mentality.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Experience. We have >20 years in the tech industry each, value lessons learned but still experiment and push the envelope - because that’s what we love to do.
- Cutting edge technology. We have been working with the different scala 3 (dotty) versions since 1½ years, adopted the live.
- View approach from Phoenix and are using clickhouse as our main data storage.
- A tremendously interesting dataset that is growing quickly and will expand further not only in size but also breadth when we acquire different kinds of dataA company that has tech at its core - in regards to the business model and how we drive the product.
- A small, innovative and dynamic team offering many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team and strong personal development. Sounds interesting? We're looking forward to meeting you! Please submit your CV and all relevant working documents online