BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the internet on global business models and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship product is the Global Internet Leaders fund, which invests in the leading Internet companies of tomorrow, which will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy.
We are looking for a motivated Quantitative Developer (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin.
You will be joining our founding team to help us build a next-generation tech stack and deliver best-in-class returns to our fund investors.
- You are involved in the development of BIT Capital's data infrastructure, including data warehousing, ETL and analytics
- You implement alert, recommend and back-testing systems based on statistical and machine learning methodologies that inform the investment decisions at our funds
- You deploy and maintain traditional and alternative data sources including web crawling, traffic, sentiment and other digital touch-points
- You perform quantitative analysis to back-test investment strategies and identify novel sources of alpha
- You support the equity research team in their analysis of software companies
- Top of class degree in a technical discipline (computer science, mathematics, science, engineering), business or finance
- Minimum 2 years of programming experience with Python, including data libraries s.a. NumPy, Pandas and scikit-learn
- Familiarity with equities and financial markets
- Some experience in data engineering and statistical analysis - knowledge of SQL, AWS, Web crawling, Machine Learning and familiarity with a Linux terminal would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and eager for continuous, multi-disciplinary learning: from full-stack development to quantitative equity analysis
- Very high standards for your work, a strong work ethic, keen attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver the best-in-class results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English, additional languages are an asset)
- You are a team player, seeking to work with entrepreneurial individuals and thrive in a high-performance, transparent culture
- You are detail-oriented and decide based on data & insights
- You execute with ownership, determination and free of politics
- You focus on results
- You communicate proactively while tackling difficult topics and challenges
- You are self-reflected and will constantly grow and learn
- You can relate to our BIT Capital vision
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV and all relevant documents. We look forward to meeting you!