BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the internet on global business models, and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship products are the Global Internet Leaders funds, through which we invest in the leading internet companies of tomorrow that will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy. Our funds are taking the top 3 places out of10.000 equity funds worldwide in the Lipper 1 year performance ranking.
We are looking for a passionate Junior Equity and Data Analyst (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin.
This is a unique opportunity to familiarize yourself with BIT Capital’s investment data and processes, and grow into an equity analyst within 12 to 24 months. From Day 1, you will be supporting our data team, analysts and portfolio managers in a variety of topics, and your contributions to BIT Capital’s proprietary datasets and frameworks will help us deliver best-in-class returns to our fund investors.
- Data labelling: You produce and maintain fundamental labels and scores for the companies in our coverage (industry classification, fundamental factors, etc.).
- Research frameworks: You standardize and streamline analysts’ inputs to improve our fundamental/valuation frameworks and research processes.
- Alternative data: You support our data team in the evaluation, implementation, monitoring and utilization of alternative datasets.
- Analyst support: You support analysts in day-to-day activities including basic research, the creation of simple Excel scripts and data visualizations.
- Operations: You prepare performance attribution analysis for portfolio managers and existing and prospective clients
There is a pathway for the role to grow into an equity research analyst while developing an alternative data skillset.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in any field.
- Strong analytical skills, including financial modelling, financial analysis and a good understanding of basic statistical concepts.
- Advanced Excel knowledge, ideally with some familiarity with VBA, SQL and/or Python.
- A passion for tech investing and keen interest in data science (alternative data) with the goal to progress into an Equity Research Analyst role.
- Previous experience researching or investing in tech companies is preferred.
- Experience in Data Visualization tools such as PowerBI is a plus
- You are a team player, seeking to work with entrepreneurial individuals and thrive in a high-performance, transparent culture.
- You set very high standards for your work and operate methodically and with keen attention to detail.
- You balance quick results with long-term maintainability and scalability in the processes and frameworks you deploy.
- You execute with ownership, determination and free of politics.
- You communicate proactively while tackling difficult topics and challenges.
- You self-reflect often and will consistently grow and learn.
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV and a motivation letter. We look forward to meeting you!