BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the internet on global business models, and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship products are the Global Internet Leaders funds, through which we invest in the leading internet companies of tomorrow that will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy.
Our funds are taking the top 3 places out of 10.000 equity funds worldwide in the Lipper 1 year performance ranking.
We are looking for a passionate Junior Data Analyst (Quantitative Finance or MINT Studies) (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin.
Data Quality Assurance
Ensure high data quality on a daily basis.
Define rules to identify inconsistent data across various data storage systems and applications.
Apply own ad-hoc analysis to analyse short term issues.
Expand our data quality tool and dashboard to monitor data issues.
Automate the reporting of data quality issues and which processes are affected.
Maintain and expand static and financial data.
Design and apply methods to confirm the validity of financial and alternative data.
Manually update data where necessary, e.g. company mergers.
Support to Systematic Strategies
Specify data processes and coordinate its implementation with the engineering team.
Prototyping and specification of data scrapers.
Improve the efficiency of our data preprocessing.
Coordinate the onboarding of new data vendors with our alternative data team.
Conceptualize and specify datatable architectures for our novel data.
Implement various tools to automatically pre-process data such as outlier detection or adjusting time series data for seasonal effects.
- Extremely methodical and reliable.
- Intention to stay long term; willingness to learn and consistently improve.
- Programming skills in Python, R, SQL and VBA.
- Good knowledge of statistical concepts such as correlation, standard deviation, time series and linear regression.
- Strong competence in Excel.
- Knowledge of data structures and database architectures are a plus.
- You are passionate about stocks and business strategy.
- You are a team player, seeking to thrive in a collaborative, high-performance, transparent culture.
- You are self-driven and entrepreneurial, ready to go the extra mile to deliver the best results for our investors.
- You can relate to the BIT Capital Vision.
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV, a motivation letter, and a write-up with an actionable investment idea in a company in the fintech sector. We look forward to meeting you!
Apply for this job