We are heal capital, one of Europe’s leading dedicated investment funds focused on for technology-enabled healthcare and digital health, supporting entrepreneurs with funding, expertise, and direct access to the healthcare system.
We believe in the convergence of technology and healthcare posing an outstanding opportunity for founders and investors alike, and are deeply convinced of the overall impact.
Building on this conviction, we are looking for a passionate new colleague to join our growing team as Investment Fellow (m/f/d).
WHO IS IT FOR:
Talented post-graduate or PhD level individuals with technical and/or business academic backgrounds, excellent track records and proven healthcare experience, looking for a unique opportunity to join one of Europe's most exciting Health Tech funds operating at the booming intersection of Healthcare and Technology. Candidates will have the opportunity to pursue end-to-end diligence on new investments, strategically work with portfolio companies and execute core LP-facing strategic initiatives, arming you with the skills and network to transition into a successful career in Venture Capital.
- Investment Lifecycle: source companies, undertake due diligence and financial analysis, take part in term sheet negotiations and develop investment thesis in nascent areas of innovation to find the next healthcare champions in Europe.
- Portfolio Management: leverage Heal Capital’s platform of LPs and expert partners to work collaboratively with our portfolio companies and enable them to meet the strategic objectives and value-inflexion points required to succeed in today's market.
- Corporate Development: develop, execute and refine strategic initiatives to develop our Heal Capital platform and help position the fund as a leading Health Tech VC in Europe
- Scientific or Technical Degree at MSc or PhD level. MSc Finance/Business backgrounds will be considered but healthcare specific experience is required.
- Deep interest in healthcare, technology, and entrepreneurship with the ability to undertake deep-dive into complex, nascent areas of scientific and technical innovation.
- Desire to pursue a career in the entrepreneurial eco-system (VC, startups etc.)
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and other Microsoft Office apps.
- Proven analytical and presentation skills are critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (German would be a plus).
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment handling multiple workstreams independently at any given time.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A kick-start at one of Europe’s most exciting Health Tech VC firms for a career in Venture Capital.
- A 6 month* fellowship centred around three core themes: investment lifecycle, portfolio management and corporate development where fellows learn and experience all elements of Venture Capital investment and fund management.
- The opportunity to create a strong network within the European healthcare VC community and build lasting relationships.
- The chance to work in a unique ecosystem that leverages Heal Capital's positioning with German private health Insurance (PKVs) and expert partner network Heartbeat Labs and Flying Health.
- Form a core part of a dynamic team to play an important role in finding Europe's next healthcare champions.
*open to discussion for periods of 4 months in suitable candidates
---- We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your CV and all relevant working documents online.