Ocean Investment is a Berlin-based single-family office (SFO) managing the wealth of the German serial entrepreneur Jan Beckers. We invest only in asset classes that can support 25%+ returns per year.
We are looking for an Investment Controller (m/f/d) to set up all middle- and back office processes for the SFO, including quarterly wealth reporting and cashflow planning. You will directly report to the SFO’s Managing Director Marcel Oldenkott and you will have regular interactions with Jan Beckers. To be successful in this role, you will have to deal with a variety of tasks showing flexibility and keen organizational and planning skills.
- You design and implement efficient middle- and back office processes, such as signing and executing direct or indirect investments or establishing regular bank reporting – working closely with the management
- You set up a quarterly wealth report showing portfolio performance and attribution including investigate and communicate the reasons, giving the principal a detailed overview on his current status of wealth
- You develop a cash flow planning model considering the cash flow profile of our venture capital fund portfolio as well as the cash need of our direct investments
- You proactively coordinate the treasury functions, such as interest rate optimization or refinancing
- You establish a close and fruitful collaboration with the relevant supporting departments of the IONIQ Group and BIT Capital (e.g. accounting, legal)
- You graduated university with a bachelor’s or master degree in business, economics or another quantitative major
- You have at least three years of relevant experience in an equivalent position in the above mentioned area of responsibility
- You possess basic knowledge on portfolio management and investment-related considerations on taxation, accounting, and legal matters
- You show excellent conceptual and analytical skills, a positive and ambitious mindset and can work well in a small team
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- You are highly self-motivated to deliver an outstanding performance
- You take strong and proactive ownership
- You are solution oriented with strong focus and prioritization skills
- You demonstrate attention to details
- You are reliable, loyal and act professionally
- You are a team player and it is fun to work with you
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV and all relevant documents. We look forward to meeting you!