Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Gather and evaluate information from papers, patents, online databases, and other sources
- Perform online investigations in the field of synthetic biology, biotechnology, microbiology, genetic engineering, protein engineering, metabolic engineering and/or molecular biology
- Write investigative and intelligence reports outlining the steps taken, data sources reviewed, and the conclusions
- Create summary reports which are easy to understand that can be delivered to various levels of an organization
- Contribute to the design and development of new synthetic biology products
- Maintain accurate records of research and analysis undertaken
- Provide statistics and other management information, including material for sales and marketing purposes
Qualifications, skills and experience essential:
- PhD in the field of synthetic biology, biotechnology, microbiology, genetic engineering, protein engineering, metabolic engineering and/or molecular biology
- Preferred: 1-2 years professional experience in an analytical or research role
- Strong English and German language communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in independently managing investigative cases from start to finish
- Enjoys researching and has a strong interest in various interdisciplinary scientific fields
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver solutions
- Ability to conduct research across a wide range of interdisciplinary fields
- Ability to assess, aggregate and analyze data from a variety of sources and present findings in a clear and understandable way
- Ability to deliver reports and presentations to a high standard
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Personal characteristics essential:
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and maintains a calm approach when operating under pressure
- High quality research skills and very good presentation skills are essential.
What we offer:
- To make sure our team is always up to the mark we offer daily supply with vegetables, fruits and drinks.
- As an enthusiastic team we also organize some team events making sure we have a good mental relaxation after a productive working day.
- We also offer possibilities for additional educational courses, trainings, and conferences.
If you are interested: Please make sure you send us your complete application portfolio, including: (i) a solid cover letter that shows your enthusiasm, (ii) Curriculum Vitae, (iii) track record of your last academic education, and (iv) employment reference or recommendation letter of your latest employer. Please also include your preferred starting date and salary expectations.