Synbionik is a technology-enabled, synthetic biology platform. We supply the world with affordable and high-quality materials, produced in organic factories using renewable inputs.
We design and create genetically modified microorganisms and matching bioreactor systems for the production of chemical compounds. This biosynthetic approach leads to drastic cost, purity and sustainability advantages over traditional production or extraction methods. Synbionik fully embraces advanced laboratory automation technologies with the goal of realizing significant productivity advantages as one of the earliest fully committed adopters in Europe.
We are now looking for highly motivated Group Development Associates (m/f/d) to work directly with our Managing Directors.
This is a high exposure role, demanding outstanding work ethic, personal integrity and business acumen. You must operate at a tactical, strategic and operational level, often handling the oversight of projects that do not fit within the organizational chart or fall between departments or leaders areas of responsibility. You work side-by-side with the founders and Managing Directors. Critical strategic goals and projects have your stamp and input, and you’re included in high-level meetings with customers, clients, investors and board members.
- Strategic initiatives: Identifying and taking on ad hoc strategic projects (for example, executing key initiatives or closing any operational gaps)
- Entrepreneurship: Defining and researching new ideas/opportunities and building out a new business unit
- Project management: Managing and Tracking high priority initiatives and cross-functional teams and ensuring regular communication with the management
- Finance: Running the budget cycle process and quarterly business reviews as well as creating and updating monthly dashboards to track changes in key metrics
- Processes: Implementing and improving processes across various fields such as Recruiting & HR and Communication
- Gatekeeping: Assessing all inquiries directed to the executive and determining the proper course of action
- Support: Planning and preparing of Key-Notes/Presentations, as well as high-level meetings for the management team
- Master’s degree, ideally in combination with 1-2 years working experience in a consulting, investment banking or PE/VC environment
- Preferably an academical background in a related field (such as Biology, Biochemistry or similar)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in German and English
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment handling multiple work streams independently at any given time
- Outstanding ability to organize and ability to adapt to quickly shifting priorities
- Can-do attitude with a problem solving and anticipating mindset
- Experience entrepreneurship first-hand: a unique opportunity to shadow driven founders on a daily basis and get deep insights into growing and running a company.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your CV and all relevant working documents online via our website.