Ocean Investment is a Single Family Office based in Berlin. Jan Beckers is a serial entrepreneur and successful investor across asset classes. Besides a stellar track record in private markets, he also co founded BIT Capital, asset management firm with the best performing public fund in Europe in 2020.
We are looking for a Finance Operations Manager (m/f/d) to take ownership for all middle- and back-office processes for the SFO, including executing investments, managing banking relationships to optimize capital structure, preparing our quarterly wealth reporting and cash flow planning.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to deal with a variety of tasks showing flexibility and meticulousness as well as keen organizational and planning skills.
- You design and implement efficient middle- and back-office processes, such as signing and executing direct or indirect investments or establishing regular bank reporting – working closely with the management
- You set up a quarterly wealth report showing portfolio performance and attribution including investigating and communicate the reasons, giving the principal a detailed overview of his current status of wealth
- You develop a cash flow planning model considering the cash flow profile of our venture capital fund portfolio as well as the cash need of our direct investments
- You proactively coordinate the treasury functions, such as interest rate optimization or refinancing
- You maintain relationships with banks, auditors, tax authorities, brokers and trading counterparties
- You establish a close and fruitful collaboration with the relevant supporting departments of the IONIQ Group and BIT Capital (e.g. accounting, legal)
YOUR PROFILE & MINDSET
- You graduated university with a bachelor’s or master degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or another quantitative major
- You have at least two years of relevant experience in an equivalent position in the above-mentioned area of responsibility or in investment banking, consulting or audit
- You possess basic knowledge of portfolio management and investment-related considerations on taxation, accounting, and legal matters and master Excel / Google Sheets
- You enjoy taking responsibility and are able to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment
- You show excellent conceptual and analytical skills, a positive and ambitious mindset, and can work well in a small team
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- Close collaboration with the top management and founder
- First-hand experience on entrepreneurship by becoming part of one of Europe's most renowned start-up networks
- Significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a small, innovative and dynamic team
- An exciting environment with real impact
- Competitive compensation package
Submit your CV and apply now! We look forward to meeting you!