BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the internet on global business models, and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship products are the Global Internet Leaders funds, through which we invest in the leading internet companies of tomorrow that will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy. Our funds are taking the top 3 places out of 10.000 equity funds worldwide in the Lipper 1 year performance ranking
We are looking for a passionate Equity Research Analyst (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin.
From Day 1, you will be leveraging BIT Capital’s resources, including expert networks, alternative datasets and proprietary research tools, to help us deliver best-in-class returns to our fund investors.
Over time, you will assume ownership for the coverage of one or more technology sub-industries and/or geographies, and your research will directly influence portfolio management decisions at the funds.
- You conduct bottom-up fundamental research in technology companies and verticals worldwide
- You perform financial modeling and valuation, using all available data sources to better understand and forecast company KPIs
- You are responsible for idea generation, news coverage and data monitoring in your areas of focus, proactively identifying opportunities for alpha generation
- You cultivate relationships with key sector experts and management teams in your areas of focus, and participate in major conferences and events
- You identify and evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views, industry trends, and idiosyncratic questions
- You support initiatives to further improve research and portfolio management capabilities at BIT Capital, by e.g.: seeking and evaluating innovative services and datasets, contributing to our fundamental quantitative models and supporting the development of proprietary tools
- Occasionally, you may support the preparation of performance reports and participate in calls with existing and prospective fund investors
- Strong academic track record in any field - an advanced degree or the CFA would be a plus
- Minimum 2-year experience researching equities in relevant sub-industries Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Industry knowledge in an Internet/technology field such as fintech, enterprise software, digital healthcare, biotech, computer science or new energy would be a plus
- Some programming skills or the willingness to learn Python for data analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English; German preferable but not required; additional languages are an asset)
- You are passionate about stocks and business strategy
- You are a team player, seeking to thrive in a collaborative, high-performance, transparent culture
- You are self-driven and entrepreneurial, ready to go the extra mile to deliver the best results for our investors
- You can relate to the BIT Capital Vision
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development.