BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the internet on global business models, and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship products are the Global Internet Leaders funds, through which we invest in the leading internet companies of tomorrow that will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy. Our funds are taking the top 3 places out of10.000 equity funds worldwide in the Lipper 1 year performance ranking.
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our team in Berlin.
From Day 1, you will be leveraging BIT Capital’s resources, including expert networks, alternative datasets and proprietary research tools, to help us deliver best-in-class returns to our fund investors.
- Create data acquisition scripts for various sources (i.e. Web Scraping, External APIs, Custom Sources etc).
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architecture to support internal research tools.
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition.
- Extensively working with tools: Docker, Airflow etc
- Perform continuous integration/continuous delivery, automated deployment and monitoring.
- Create proper documentation and follow software development cycle.
- Take responsibility for your products and are always motivated to develop yourself personally and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 2 year of working experience as a Data Engineer.
- At least 2 years of working experience with creating and maintaining resources on AWS (i.e. Lambda, Cloud Formation, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk,EC2,API Gateway etc).
- Relevant experience with languages: Python (Pandas ,DRF, Plotly, Boto3 etc.).
- Advanced level of SQL knowledge.
- Experience with CI/CD and infrastructure as code.
- Nice to have some experience with FrontEnd techs i.e. React, Angular, Bootstrap.
- You write efficient, well-tested code with an keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- You are a team player, seeking to work with entrepreneurial individuals and thrive in a high-performance, transparent culture.
- You balance quick results with long-term maintainability and scalability in the technologies you deploy.
- You execute with ownership, determination and free of politics.
- You communicate proactively while tackling difficult topics and challenges.
- You are self-reflected and will constantly grow and learn.
- Very high standards for your work, keen attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver the best-in-class results
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV, a motivation letter. We look forward to meeting you!